It may seem impossible to avoid the flu, but following some basic tips can help decrease the risk of infection!
- Avoid close contact. As we have become familiar with social distancing measures, it is a good idea to practice when in public during peak flu season.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds. If you cannot wash them with soap and water, use and alcohol based sanitizer until you can.
- Cover your mouth & nose. Always cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. Using a tissue is the most sanitary, but if you must use your hand, make sure to wash your hands after.
- Stay home when you are sick. Whenever possible, stay home from work, school and common public spaces, when you are showing symptoms to help prevent spreading to others.
- Avoid touching your face. Your eyes, mouth and nose carry the most germs. Every time you touch your face, you should wash your hands thoroughly before touching anything or anyone else.
- Clean & Disinfect. Clean and disinfect personal items and surfaces as often as possible, especially when sick. Our products can help make this an easy task instead of a chore!
- Practice Healthy Habits. Drink plenty of water, eat foods rich in vitamins, stay physically active, and get plenty of sleep to help keep your immune system as strong as possible.
- Get your flu shot. Studies show the flu vaccine reduces the risk of the flu illness by 40-60%. Talk to your doctor about you flu vaccine options.