It’s that spooky time of year, again! The one night that you have an excuse to dress up in costumes and consume ALL the candy! There is so much excitement for everyone, kids and parents alike, as the little boys turn into superheroes and little girls into princesses!
Although Halloween is such a fun tradition for so many, there are usually more reported vehicle/pedestrian and costume related accidents on this night of the year. Also, with flu season about to kick up in full swing, and the coronavirus lingering around…germs are on the minds of most parents when it comes to getting candy and treats from others. It’s important to take extra precaution with your trick-or-treaters to ensure a safe, fun night for everyone!
Here are some basic tips for safety while trick-or-treating:
- Put all candy into the LiViliti Paptizer as soon as you get home for disinfection. Eliminate up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria by running on the 3 minute fast sanitize cycle.
- Avoid unwrapped candy or treats. Only pass out and accept wrapped candy. Inspect all candy to be sure it hasn’t been opened or tampered with before your child eats it.
- Avoid hazardous costumes. Make sure your child’s costume doesn’t make them trip or impair their vision.
- Carry a flashlight or glow sticks. So many people are out and about after dark, including vehicles, making visibility very important. It’s also a good idea to tape reflective tape to darker, less visible costumes if needed.
- Walk together on the sidewalk and look both ways before crossing the street.
- Always accompany your children when they are trick-or-treating.
- Only visit homes that are well-lit.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings.
Have a fabBOOlous time with friends and family!!