Putting on makeup is a daily routine for many women. One source states that 41% of women ages 30-59 wear makeup every single day. The top cosmetic products they utilize include foundation, lipstick, eyeshadow, cheekbone highlighter, and concealers, among many others. Most, if not all, of those products require brushes and sponges for application. To maintain the health of our skin and the longevity of our makeup tools, it’s important to establish a cleaning routine in order to eliminate product, oil, dirt and bacteria, from the brushes and sponges.
Here are some helpful tips for cleaning and disinfecting your makeup brushes and sponges:
- Wet the bristles/sponge with lukewarm water.
- Place a drop of your cleanser of choice into the palm of your clean hand.
- Gently massage the tips of the bristles or sponge in your palm.
- Rinse the bristles/sponge thoroughly.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture with a clean towel.
- Re-form the brush head back into its original shape.
- Let the brush dry with its bristles hanging off the edge of a counter, which allows it to dry in the correct shape. Never let your brushes dry on a towel because the bristles can turn mildewy.
- It’s recommended to clean your brushes/sponges at least once a week.
Once you have washed and dried your brushes and sponges, it’s time for disinfection. Just simply place your makeup tools in The LiViliti Paptizer on the fast sanitize cycle to get rid of any bacteria and germs that may still be lingering around on your brushes. The Paptizer uses UVC LED technology to eliminate up to 99.9% of bacteria, germs and viruses in as little as 3 minutes on any item that will fit in the box!
Eliminating this bacteria on your makeup brushes and sponges will help reduce future breakouts while keeping the integrity of your skin flawless!